mhtconsult is a private and independent research and development organisation, focusing on intercultural inclusion, integration, diversity, prevention and empowerment in both working life and social contexts.
Synergy between theory and practice
Based on the values of diversity and equal citizenship, we are building a bridge between analytical knowledge and practical tools in a wide range of professional areas:
• Evaluation, research and analysis
• Methodological development and documentation
• Process facilitation, courses and teaching
• Holistic guidance, clarification and mentorship
• Project ‐ and knowledge management
• Collaboration and organizational learning
• Diversity, Interculturality and integration
• Inclusion, equality, antidiscrimination and equal opportunities in working life as well as in civil society and local communities
• Welfare development and interdisciplinarity through partnerships between public authorities, the private sector and the voluntary sector
• Strategies and methods for an inclusive labour market and socio-economic entrepreneurship
• Health in an intercultural perspective
• Prevention of radicalisation and extremism
THE TRANS-EUROPEAN MULTIPLUS+ PROJECT FOR INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION AMBASSADORS (“MULTIPLIERS”) IS COMING TO AN END!
FROM THE END OF 2022, ALL MATERIALS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE: www.multiplusproject.com or from www. mhtconsult.dk:
- A methodology presenting detailed ideas and proposals for meeting planning, communication and use of dialogic methods.
- A collection of methodical exercises consisting of more than 60 examples of practical use of communication tools that step by step review how to work with communication, meeting management and active participant involvement in workshops, seminars etc.
- A collection of texts with short introductions to societal topics such as citizenship, equality, freedom, democracy and role of law to be used in meetings and workshops etc.
AID KIT FOR AUTONOMOUS ONLINE TEACHING AND LEARNING
COVID-19 has immensely shifted how we design and implement educational programmes. A 2020 EU Report “Adult Learning & COVID-19” finds that non-formal adult learning providers were not well equipped for this transition and the learner dropout rate increased across the EU, as many teachers were not well equipped in the field of online-tutoring and not experienced in keeping regular contact with their learners in periods, where face-to-face learning was locked down. Furthermore, the EU Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) reported that COVID-19 continues to disproportionately affect disadvantaged learners, who face greater challenges following online courses. To this background, the transeuropean Aid Kit project aims to upskill and improve digital competences of adult education trainers to create online trainings tailored to especially vulnerable learners’ needs and requirements in the period from 2022-2024, where mhtconsult is partner.
NEW RESEARCH OF LANGUISTIC CHALLENGES IN NUTRITIONAL ASSISTANCE TRAINING
In 2021-2022, mhtconsult carries out a comprehensive analysis of language barriers and other challenges among students in the vocational welfare education for nutrition assistants. The study was commissioned by FUE, the Vocational Committee for the education. The study has its background in the educational development in recent years, which is characterized by a concerning coincidence between declining enrollment of students, declining completion rates and increasing dropouts from the education. Experience suggests that students with an ethnic minority background may have special linguistic challenges that threaten the admission as well as the completion of the education. The study sheds light on the nature of the challenges and the possibilities for counteractions through various support measures and language supporting services.
Three-year EU project PRACTICE
mhtconsult is transeuropean partner in the three-year EU project PRACTICE, aimed at developing and testing new pedagogical-didactic approaches, methods and tools for general prevention among children and young people in the school’s oldest classes. The project is supported by the EU Commission and is implemented in a strategic partnership between 6 European organizations from Italy, Greece, Germany, Austria and DK. The aim is to build a trans-European teaching program for teachers based on the CPD principle – continuing professional development. Critical thinking and norm-critical pedagogy, together with diversity understanding and intercultural approaches, are focal points for development work, which aims to strengthen children and young people’s resilience in relation to dissatisfaction, lack of school motivation and other risk factors that can ultimately lead to violent radicalization.
ARTWORK – A TRANSEUROPEAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
2021-2023 mhtconsult will be partner in an innovative learning-training programme, co-financed by the EU-Commission. The aim is to transform artistic methods to general pedagogical-didactic contexts. The primary target group will be artists representing a wide range of art forms such as theater and performance, music, painting, prose and poetry, etc.
The COVID-10 pandemic has made visible the difficult socio-economic living conditions for many artists regardless of their artistic work. The uncertainty surrounding both earnings and social security has been worsened during the pandemic and the lockdown of exhibitions, performances etc.
ARTWORK will through educational programmes improve artists’ opportunities to utilize their artistic skills by transferring artistic methods in other pedagogical-didactic contexts.
MIGRANTS BUILD BRIDGES
2020-2023 mhtconsult is partner in the transeuropean project MultiPLUS, overall aimed at contributing to migrants’ integration in terms of improving means of dialogical communication and mutual transfer of insight into experiences and values across minority communities and the majority society. Thus the project aims to improve equality, recognition and diversity through new forms of training programmes and methodologies for intercultural ambassadors in terms of bridgebuilding and changemaking.